SUMMER STYLE: MULTI-FUNCTIONAL PIECES
This post is all about the Kimono. Today I’m styling a closet staple in two very casual but different ways. Whether you are running on the beach, or running errands we’ve got you covered on how to get these looks.
I LOVE sheer fabrics in the summer. Living in DC can bring the heat. When putting these ensembles together staying cool, comfortable, and stylish at the same time were behind the styling of each look.
BEACH DAY ALL DAY
1. The focus and key piece of today’s 2 looks is this BP Sheer Kimono. I received this as a gift from my cousin last summer, but there are still options out there. This Kensie midi-length looks pretty much identical to what I have and is currently on sale for half off (yaassss!). If you are looking to add an investment piece to your wardrobe, then this Halston Heritage piece is what you’re looking for. It has a front tie that is gorg.
2. These Splendid Coleen Sandals have quickly become a favorite. They are comfy, and made with thick great quality leather.
3. If I could wear a bathing suit everyday it would be this Ralph Lauren Blue Label Nosara Crochet Bikini. Currently it is out of stock. (It sold out hella quick). You can sign up here on Lyst to be notified when it is back in stock. If you like the bandeau top and cut of this bikini Ralph Lauren currently has this suit. The only difference is the material. If you love the crochet aspect of this bikini, Ralph Lauren offers a similar one in white as well.
4. I love to visit all the beach shops in the Outer Banks each year to see what cute things I can find. During my last pillage I found this Roxy Beach Memories Hat. I love the subtle black and white detail around the straw. It is a great contrast and it looks great with most of my summer wardrobe.
5. I saw these and it was over. The Anthropologie Raen Sunglasses will be on my face until further notice.
6. Pictured above are Forever 21 High-Waisted Button Up Shorts. When I searched online today to find these I couldn’t, but there are lots of alternatives. These Billabong beach shorts are a doppleganger. Also I found these button up shorts with stars on them. They are currently on sale for $25 which is a steal from their original price of $90. I probably will buy them after I finish this post. They are so adorable.
1. After a day in the sun, my skin is dryer than the damn desert. I have found that The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter is one of the only creams that can soothe my skin after laying out. I buy the biggest size possible every 4 weeks during the summer.
2. Glossier Balm Dot Com in Cherry. Just buy this. It will change your life. All other lip balms will be trash to you. I promise. Plus, no one has time for sun chapped lips.
3. I talk to a lot of women who tell me they never used sun protection on their face until recently. Use sunscreen every damn day people! It protects, and prevents. No one wants sun spots or wrinkles. If it is sunny day and 16 degrees outside. I have this on my face. I like using CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30 because it does not break me out. My skin is so sensitive and this dermatologist recommended spf will not clog pores.
4. I like to wash off the sweat and sunscreen off my face at the end of the day. I love using oil cleansers like this Kbeauty cult favorite Kose Softymo Oil Cleanser.
SHEER ON SHEER ON SHEER
1. I love to layer sheer fabrics in the summer time. I hate being hot and I need to feel like I can move. So, I usually layer this Forever 21 Sheer Button Front Camisole under a kimono. It comes in both white and blush.
2. Again, I love to stay cool in the summer so I live in breathable fabrics. The thought of an underwire in the heat makes me nauseas. When bralettes came into style a few seasons ago I was thankful AF. Pictured above is a bralette I bought in a small store in Spain. However, this South Moon Under Sheer Bralette is on sale under $10 and it looks identical to mine.
3. Comfy, great quality, and a flattering cut on most body types these American Eagle Tom Girl Shorts are a favorite. I love to pair light-wash denim with blush hues.
4. I got a great deal on these at Macy’s Marc Fisher Gladiator Sandals. They are stretchy and do not suffocate your ankles/calves like a lot of gladiators. The great thing about buying a pair of gladiator sandals, is that every couple of years they are in vogue and so they will always be part of my closet.
1. If you are looking for bronze, gold, and champagne hues this Laura Geller Get Gilded Palette is for you. The eye shadows are terra cotta baked in Italy and when applied wet have some serious pigment. The colors blend out beautifully are are complimented with a peach/gold hued blush and a sheer blush pink lip that has a sparkly kick.
2. Laura Geller is all about the glow and her highlighters are so fun to use and look amazing! A little bit goes a long way and will last several hours. In this photo. I use this Easy Illuminating Stick in Ethereal in the summer. It looks great on tan/brown skin and even though the stick looks very pink, when applied it is sheer and natural looking.
3. I bought my first Butter London polish a few months ago and OMFG. I used this when I needed to quickly paint my nails for an event. I had no base or top coat. This polish lasted 6 days before chipping or looking bad! I was seriously impressed. So my collection has begun. Pictured above is Butter London Patent Shine Polish in Shop Girl.
4. An in-depth review for all four colors of cloud paint is coming to the blog soon. For a natural glow that wont look crazy in the summer heat I go with Glossier Cloud Paint in Dusk.