It doesn’t feel like the holidays until I start baking Christmas cookies. I love making a variety of treats and giving them away as little gifts. It’s a thoughtful way to say thank you and happy holidays to friends and co-workers.
I came across this recipe for Pistachio Wedding Cookies on Pinterest a few years ago and without fail, these are always the biggest crowd pleaser. They are pillow-y soft with a delicate nutty flavor. The original recipe is from Mother Thyme cooking blog, but I modified the instructions just a tad based on my experience. I know they aren’t exactly “holiday themed” but they are most certainly green and for me, that’s good enough! I absolutely love these cookies and I hope you give them a try. Enjoy!
Peace + love,
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter (softened, but not melted)
- 3/4 cup confectioners (powdered) sugar, divided into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 3.4oz package pistachio instant pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl combine flour, pudding mix and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter. Beat in ½ cup powdered sugar until fluffy. Add in vanilla extract. Gradually mix flour mixture into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Divide dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from plastic wrap and make tablespoon size balls. Place on baking sheets and press down on the balls slightly spacing them about 1 inch part.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Don’t overbake! The cookies will still be soft even though they’re done.
- Remove from oven and let them sit on baking sheet for about 5 minutes. While cookies are still warm sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar (with a sifter) and set on wire rack to cool completely until firm.
- Store in airtight containers.
Serves: Approx. 3 dozen