As a self-proclaimed beauty junkie, I’m honored to play the role of skincare consultant to a few of my girlfriends. I love that they trust my opinion and feel comfortable asking me for advice on the latest products, techniques, and tools.
Recently, during a conversation on serums and jade rollers, one of my friends asked me about my evening skincare routine. As I was explaining, I realized this might make a good post for the blog, so here’s my current PM regimen.
1. Simple Skincare Micellar Water – Since I use a very gentle cleanser (see below), this is my pre-cleanse. For the price, this micellar water is a great buy. Have a bigger budget? The Dior micellar water is a game changer.
2. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser – If this cleanser is good enough to be recommended by dermatologists, then it’s definitely good enough for every day use. Also, this is the cleanser I used during the healing process for microblading – it’s that gentle.
3. Barboleta Lash Bath – I don’t use this every night, though my lash artist probably wishes I would. It’s a cleanser specifically designed for lash extensions. Keeping my lashes squeaky clean helps them last longer!
4. Vaseline – This might sound crazy, but I apply a thin layer of Vaseline to my eyebrows every night. This creates a barrier between my microbladed brows and any skin treatments or serums that might disrupt the pigment.
5. Belif Hungarian Water Essence – I love a water essence to rebalance my skin after all that cleansing. This one is definitely hydrating, but the SK-II essence is supposed to be the gold standard. Pro-tip: try dabbing the essence on your skin as opposed to swiping to help absorption.
6. Kate Somerville Retinol Firming Eye Cream – With a user-friendly applicator tip, this retinol-based under eye serum is gentle yet effective.
7. Facial Serum – Depending on the time of month and the general wellness of my skin, I’ll opt for one of three serum options:
+ Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic + Virgin Marula Oil – This is my go-to combination that I use probably 4-5x per week because it really helps maintain that healthy glow. And mixing in the marula oil prevents dryness and redness from the glycolic. I’m currently testing out The Ordinary’s Marula Oil as a dupe for the more expensive Drunk Elephant version, so that’s a great option as well.
+ Sunday Riley Luna Oil – A seriously potent retinol serum, this is the perfect product if my skin has gotten out of whack. I’ll use this for 7-10 day in a row for a bit of a reset. Pro-tip: due to the strength of the retinol, only use this at night.
+ Glossier Solution – On occasion, stress and hormones can mess with my skin. As soon as I feel a blemish coming on, I swipe on this treatment and let the blend of chemical exfoliants (AHA and BHA) do their thing.
8. Facial roller – Regardless of which serum or oil I use, I always use my rose quartz roller. It helps my skin absorb the products a bit more and facial rolling in general is good for blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. Pro-tip: always roll from the center outward and upward.
9. Under eye moisturizer – Hydration is key to warding off crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eye area, so I top my under eye treatment with this Belif Eye Bomb that’s rich yet lightweight. Another favorite under eye cream is by Caudalie – so gentle, hydrating, and great for both AM and PM use.
10. Facial moisturizer – Depending on the time of year, I’ll switch between either the Belif Aqua Bomb (summer) or the Moisture Bomb (winter). Some people might feel the Marula Oil is hydrating enough, but because the oil absorbs so quickly, I prefer to really seal in my skincare with a moisturizer.
If I’m feeling really dry, I’ll use the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask. It’s a water gel that’ll really make you glow by morning.
11. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask – I close out my PM skincare routine with a deeply nourishing lip treatment.