The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is one of the most talked about shopping events of the year and it keeps getting bigger and bigger. Anniversary Sale was always my favorite time of summer as a kid because it meant “back to school” shopping with my mom. I LOVED it. This year, Nordies is changing it up and we are all benefitting from the “Sale Preview” allowing us all to add items to our digital Wish Lists before we can actually shop. I took advantage of that feature and curated a list of the only 20 items you need to shop this year.
Reminder: early access to the sale is for Nordstrom card holders beginning on August 4 (depending on Rewards status). Public access to the sale begins August 19.
So with all the great deals and epic discounts, how did I only decide on 20 items? Well, under normal, non-COVID circumstances, I’d be in the market for office wear (silk blouses or killer dresses – like this Veronica Bernard stunner) in addition to seasonal trendy items that will carry me into fall and winter.
For this sale however, I focused on finding timeless, foundational pieces that will work year after year, and skincare and beauty items that are worth the investment. This includes a few things that caught my eye for my mom. And as a bonus, my husband shared some of the his top picks!
Outerwear & Accessories
- Glacier Furry Fleece Quarter Zip Jacket, ZELLA, $49.90 – Fuzzy pullover dreams that I can wear all winter with jeans or leggings.
- Double Face Wool Coat, HALOGEN, $149.90 – My camel car coat is showing its age and this would be a great replacement.
- Tessa Teddy Coat, FREE PEOPLE, $99.90 – If you haven’t snagged a teddy coat yet, get this one! Throw it over a midi dress or jeans paired with a stacked heel boot and you’ve got major 70s vibes.
- Floppy Brim Wool Fedora, RAG & BONE, $149.90 – The gold standard floppy fedora at a great price.
- 54mm Cat Eye Sunglasses, MCQ ALEXANDER MCQUEEN, $91.90 – The cat-eye trend isn’t going away, look fierce AF in these designer sunnies.
Health & Beauty
- SuperYou® Set MOON JUICE, $52 – Supplements for nurturing beauty from within 🙂
- White Trinity® Facial Toning Kit, NUFACE®, $217.75 – One of my girlfriends keeps raving about this device and she has amazing skin; it’s probably time I pick one up. The combo NUFACE FIX and Mini Facial Toning Device is also on sale for a steal.
- ONE Lilac Exfoliation & Peach Fuzz Removal Device, DERMAFLASH, $99 – I’m obsessed with dermaplaning and this makes it so much easier!
- Perfect and Rose Skincare Duo, LAURA MERCIER, $89 – Beyond hydrating, skincare products that feel utterly fantastic.
- Lip Glace Trio, LAURA MERCIER, $56 – Full-size versions of Laura’s best lip shades: Babydoll, Bare Blush, and Desert Rose.
Basics & Wardrobe Staples
- OnCore Mid Thigh Shaper Shorts, SPANX®, $41.90 – All of my Spanx shaping undergarments wear like iron and last for ages so when I can pick one up at a bargain, I’m all in.
- Oshay Pointed Toe Bootie, MARC FISHER LTD, $99.90 – With a stacked heel, pointed toe, and slightly higher shaft, these just might be the perfect ankle boot.
- Live In Jogger Pants, ZELLA, $38.90 – We all know Zella activewear is basically indestructible so probably picking up multiple pairs of these to “Live In” until Spring 2021.
- Regular Rise Lace Thong, HANKY PANKY, $16.90 – No point in being shy about this – these are the best panties ever. Flattering, comfortable, pretty; I’m obsessed with them. The Mid-Rise Modal version is also awesome. Buy them, you’ll thank me.
- Esplar Sneaker, VEJA, $89.90 – Everybody’s wearing them right now, so why not pick up a pair on sale.
Gifts for Mom
- Sterling Knee High Boot, NATURALIZER, $149.90 – A simple, classic knee-high boot that will never go out of style. My mom has already given me her size for these 🙂
- Shaw Waterproof Raincoat, BARBOUR, $199.90 – I’m always on the lookout for a good raincoat because my mom lives in the Pacific Northwest. It rains … often. This coat is so perfect I might buy one for myself, too!
- Maison Noir Crisp Champagne Two-Wick Candle, VOLUSPA, $12 – These candles burn beautifully and smell amazing. You guys know I’m obsessed with candles so trust me, these are delightful.
- Mercury Loafer, DR. SCHOLL’S, $59.90 – A pair of chic loafers that are super comfortable? Sign us up!
- Advanced Génifique Trio, LANCÔME, $159 – My mom’s favorite serum that she absolutely swears by. It works, her skin is amazing.
BONUS: Must Haves for Him
- Brace Slim Fit Solid Polo, ALLSAINTS, $44.90 – So many great neutral colors that go with everything.
- Vibe 2-Pack Boxer Briefs, SAXX, $37.90 – The best boxer briefs ever. I buy these for my husband all the time.
- Tellis Slim Fit Jeans, AG, $134.90 – Super soft material and a great cut make these the perfect everyday jeans.
- Better Sweater® Zip Jacket, PATAGONIA, $97.90 – A zip-up that lasts forever, what more do you need?
- Gamut 3-Pack No-Show Socks, STANCE, $15.90 – It’s actually tough to find no-show socks that are comfortable and stay in place. These are awesome.
What are you shopping this Anniversary Sale? What did I miss?? If you have some must-have items I should shop, let me know in the comments!